[whatwg] Two propositions for the autofocus attribute

On 16/04/2010, at 5:06 PM, Markus Ernst wrote:

> Is it not possible to say the autofocus attribute is readonly? It dose
> IMO not make sense to apply it via scripting, as focus() is available
> for scripting.

What if the form is received via XHR as HTML and simply injected to the page using innerHTML?

I admit I don't know of any other read-only HTML attributes to test the standard behaviour under those conditions.

A more similar outcome to this might be how browsers cope with adding an additional <input type="radio" name="foo" checked/> element to a form with another radio button named accordingly. A cursory glance shows that WebKit checks the new input and unchecks the previous selection, even if the user had previously made a selection.

?Kit