[whatwg] Directory upload via <input type="file" directory>

From: Diogo Resende <dresende@thinkdigital.pt>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 15:52:27 +0100
On Wed, 2010-04-07 at 11:28 +0100, Ashley Sheridan wrote:

> Double-click can only be performed by people using a mouse. What about
> people suffering RSI who might prefer to use a keyboard? Have you ever
> tried to navigate one of those file dialogues without using a mouse? I
> have, and it's a pain in the posterior. But, it does mean that there
> are further problems to allowing the existing dialogue to just handle
> directories as if they were files.

I use it everyday. It's not a pain, you just need to know how to use
ctrl/shift/alt+tab/arrows. But that's not the point. You just gave a
reason not to use the dialog at all. Do you want to ignore the
possibility of drag&drop too? When I don't have a mouse, I use lynx.

I done software in the past for people with disabilities and is not
easy. For those people I would not even consider a FileDialog as it is.