[whatwg] Changing punctuation value of input element in telephone state

On Tue, 2010-04-06 at 23:12 +0200, Mounir Lamouri wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For input element in telephone state [1] specs say "User agents may
> change the punctuation of values that the user enters." I do not really
> get it. What is the idea ?
>
> [1] http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/forms.html#telephone-state
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Mounir

I would assume that to mean that if a user enters a number with hyphens
to separate the different parts of the number (area code, state code,
country code, etc) then the UA could strip those out or re-format the
string?

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk