[whatwg] [html5] r4949 - [giow] (0) The CSS rules need to do attribute value matching consistently across [...]

On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 23:36:16 -0700, L. David Baron <dbaron at dbaron.org>
wrote:
> Making attribute values case-insensitive in XHTML seems incompatible
> with longstanding Gecko behavior (though our handling of input's
> type attribute is buggy, at least) and with the clear intent of
> XHTML1, and doesn't seem implementable on top of a conformant CSS
> selectors implementation.
>
> Do we really want to do this?

I think we do want case-insensitive attribute values to be
case-insensitive in both HTML and XHTML.

I think ideally we remove the special casing of certain attributes with
Selectors and introduce an ASCII case-insensitive flag for attribute value
selectors to deal with this issue.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/