[whatwg] Note on 4.8.7 (video) and 4.8.8 (audio)

Michael(tm) Smith wrote:

> What would then be the recommended way to provide fallback content
> for a video like the following?

>   http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/23/Ara_chloroptera.ogg

> That's a 6-second video of a Red-and-green Macaw moving along a
> tree branch, with the only sounds being it making a brief
> vocalization, and some background sounds. It doesn't seem to lend
> itself either to fallback content provided by alternative media
> streams or by embedded captions or subtitles.

That paragraph sounds like a reasonable alternative -- another
argument for the text/html (or text/plain) source as a final
alternative.

On the other hand, I personally would prefer that sort of caption
before deciding whether to watch in the first place, so maybe it could
just be handled with an aria-describedby.

-jJ