[whatwg] Fakepath revisited

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 9:50 AM, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:

> In HTML5's development, compatibility is a stronger argument than
> aesthetics. Therefore the path stays.

This is a very minor issue and I'm fine with adding this to Gecko,
personally, except that first I really would like to see some specific
examples of sites that need this. There remains the faint possibility that
these sites already work in Firefox for some reason, and I'd like to
understand why, or if they don't, then I'd like to understand why we haven't
felt the need for this hack. Plus I think that in the spirit of making
decisions based on data, we should expect actual data to be presented if
possible, especially if requested, and here it seems like it should be easy,
yet I asked for specific examples earlier and none have been forthcoming.

Rob
53:5-6]