[whatwg] Global Script proposal.

On Tue, 08 Sep 2009 17:57:36 +0200, Dimitri Glazkov
<dglazkov at chromium.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 6:12 AM, Anne van Kesteren<annevk at opera.com>
> wrote:
>> FWIW, this is why I think pushState is great. If you bookmark it and
>> later
>> visit that page it allows the server to directly give the right content
>> back
>> instead of first loading a page which then fetches additional content
>> based
>> on the fragment identifier. And although disabling JavaScript these
>> days is
>> probably close to a non-starter it would allow you to create interfaces
>> that
>> have the same URL regardless of whether JavaScript is enabled or
>> disabled
>> and still use fancy effects and downloaded content incrementally when
>> JavaScript is enabled.
>
> True, that's a benefit -- compared to the current hash-navigation
> systems. But I guess what I am trying to say is let's work to provide
> ways to make navigation cheap, rather than improving ways to simulate
> navigation.

Yeah, your follow-up message in the separate thread sounded rather
intriguing. If JavaScript can be somehow kept-alive while navigating to a
new page within a single domain, be in control of what is displayed and
without security issues and all that'd be rather cool and also solve the
issue.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/