[whatwg] createImageData should take unsigned long

On Sep 3, 2009, at 4:50 PM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 4:48 AM, Oliver Hunt <oliver at apple.com> wrote:
>
> On Sep 3, 2009, at 4:54 AM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> Yeah, that seems likely, since none of you implemented the higher-DPI
> ImageData in your first versions. :-(
>
> WebKit's implementation has always worked with high dpi backing
> stores and follows the spec accordingly.
>

> Under what circumstances do you use more than one device pixel per
> CSS pixel? Does it require the user to turn on UI scaling on Mac?
>
> Regardless, I bet that most people using Webkit to write scripts
> using getImageData still get it wrong, because they have normal
> screens. Implementing high-res backing store in more browsers won't
> solve this problem, not until the average developer has a high-dpi
> screen. But I repeat myself.

Indeed -- i was merely commenting that there was actually a "correct"
implementation -- i am still of the opinion that exposing image data
was a bad thing and that a filtering API would have been superior.  Oh
well, the past is the past and we must now live with it. :-/

--Oliver