[whatwg] Storage mutex and cookies can lead to browser deadlock

From: Benjamin Smedberg <benjamin@smedbergs.us>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 16:43:59 -0400

On 9/3/09 4:24 PM, Drew Wilson wrote:
> I think the canonical racy case is "the page wants to keep a counter for
> the number of times event X occurs" in a cookie or local storage.

Is it important that continue to work without racing? I don't think it's
especially important: it's similar to how HTTP responses may race. The only
thing I'm particularly concerned about is data consistency so that setting
document.cookie does not inadvertently undo changes which happened while the
script was executing.

- --BDS