[whatwg] style sheet blocking scripts

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 10:52:46 -0400
On 10/28/09 2:59 AM, tali garsiel wrote:
> 1. As far as I know, Firefox and Webkit have a "stall on demand" behavior, where a stylesheet blocks a script only if the script asks from style information.

You know wrong, sorry.  Firefox has the behavior the spec describes;
webkit blocks the parser completely on stylesheets (the behavior Firefox
used to have).  Last I checked, at least.

> 2. Can you clarify the condition - "the element's style sheet was enabled when the element was created by
> the parser, and the element's style sheet ready flag is not yet set,
> and, the last time the event loop reached step 1, the element was in
> that Document"

The parts of that condition basically mean:

1)  When the element was created by the parser, it was in the
then-enabled stylesheet set (i.e. not an alternate stylesheet).
2)  The stylesheet, or one of its @import descendants, is still loading.
3)  The stylesheet linking element is still in the document (so the
stylesheet still applies).

-Boris