[whatwg] window.setInterval if visible.

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 17:00:29 -0400
On 10/15/09 4:14 PM, Jeremy Orlow wrote:
> I'd imagine that UAs could use an overly conservative metric of when
> things are visible to make things cheaper if/when this is a concern.

It's a concern any time someone's checking it every 10ms interval
invocation.  For example, I'm right now looking at a browser window
where the check would probably take longer than that (ping time from the
X client to the X server is 50ms in this case).

> I agree that some mechanism to know when things aren't visible would be
> very useful.

What are the use cases?  Are they addressed by roc's proposal?  If not,
is an explicit script-triggered visibility check the only way to address
them?

-Boris