[whatwg] framesets

Ian,

 > Your requirements aren't met by framesets

Eh? Our solution meets the requirement and uses framesets.

 > <iframe>s have been demonstrated to work as well as framesets

No-one's been able to point to a working non-frameset solution that
meets this requirement.

 >, and, well, framesets suck.

Unargued, subjective.

 >I agree that there's
 >lots of legacy content using framesets; that's why HTML5 defines how they
 >should work (in more detail than any previous spec!).

?! According to
http://www.html5code.com/index.php/html-5-tags/html-5-frameset-tag/,
"The frameset tag is not supported in HTML 5."

 >The only thing that is easier with framesets than otherwise appears to be
 >resizing, which I agree is not well-handled currently.

Unsubstantiated claim absent a working example of the spec implemented
without framesets.

 >As noted before,
 >though, that's an issue for more than just frames; we need a good
solution
 >for this in general, whether we have framesets or not. Furthermore,
that's
 >a styling issue, not an HTML issue.

For those who have to write or generate HTML, that's a distinction
without a difference.

PB

-----