[whatwg] Navigation events generated during unload

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 21:35:37 -0400
On 10/5/09 9:35 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> My testing showed browsers also stopped things like navigation triggered
> by submitting a form to another frame (<form target="">).

Oh, right.  The Gecko implementation of form submission and link clicks
performs the "are we after unload firing started, and if so, is the new
URI same-origin with the URI that was loading?" check at the moment of
the click or submit call, which is before target name resolution has
happened.  That could probably be changed, with enough effort (and
likely would be as part of making link clicks work however it is HTML5
defines them, instead of however it is they work in Gecko right now).

-Boris