[whatwg] Canvas pixel manipulation and performance

From: Mike Hearn <mike@plan99.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 12:19:49 +0100
I have to wonder if it's worth trying to micro-optimize web APIs like
this. Your suggestions will squeeze out only a small amount of
additional performance - the goals will get a bit higher and we'll be
back at square one.

I know NativeClient isn't a proposed spec or standardised piece of web
infrastructure, but I think what you really need is the ability to
scribble on a canvas from native code rather than JavaScript. Work
done on that has the advantage of generalizing to all web APIs and use
cases rather than just direct graphics access.