[whatwg] localStorage mutex - a solution?

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 12:16:19 -0500

If this is a MUST, this seems like a possible compat issue depending on
whether the method is native or library-provided, at the very least.
There's also been talk at least in Gecko of self-hosting some DOM
methods in JS (e.g. getElementById), at which point they will no longer
be implemented in native code.

I'm not sure this is a fatal issue (and I haven't been following this
thread closely enough in general to be sure of anything); just pointing
out that it's an issue.

-Boris