[whatwg] Do we really need history.clearState()?

From: timeless <timeless@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 17:00:25 +0200

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 3:44 AM, Justin Lebar <justin.lebar at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure how this would work. ?What would clearState do with that value?

roughly:

user visits http://app.example.com/
app calls pushState() and stores the result
user initiates a login process, which results in a sequence of 5
pushState() calls which the app knows it doesn't care about.
user completes login process
app calls clearState() with result from previous stored pushState()
app calls pushState() to its current state

>> (i can't find clearState in
>> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#dom-history-pushstate
>
> Hixie removed it a few days ago.

ah that explains it, thanks