[whatwg] Do we really need history.clearState()?

Sorry to self-reply.  I just want to make four targetted points:

-As is, the language specifying clearState() has gapping holes that prevent us from agreeing on what it is we're implementing.

-I personally think the intention of clearState() is useful and not a bad idea, and that a more fine grained "truncate" is something that can easily be added later with enough demand.

-I personally think expanding the API to allow a script to remove history entries its Document object didn't create is a bad idea, and would object to expanding this power beyond the Document object to "same origin" based control.

-I think that if we can't reach a consensus fairly soon, we should dump clearState() and revisit it later.  The API is certainly very useful with just pushState() and replaceState().

~Brady