[whatwg] Proposal: Extension to the base element

I'd suggest using an attribute over a type specifier too. Not only does it
have the problem Marius spotted, but if you specified a type attribute then
you have much more difficulty displaying content of the same type from both
a CDN and dynamic user content in the same page (such as in a social
networking site, displaying user-uploaded images from one location and the
static images for the site layout from a CDN).

Other than that, I think this would be a good addition that would make
<base> much more usable in dynamic sites.