[whatwg] Sectioning

From: Elizabeth Castro <lcastro@cookwood.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 18:13:55 -0500
In 4.4.11, it says

> Sectioning content elements are always considered subsections of
> their nearest ancestor element of sectioning content, regardless of
> what implied sections other headings may have created.

Does that line mean that a section element is *not* a subsection of
the nearest implied section?

So, if there is no other explicit sectioning content, as in the
example given, then what would the section element be a subsection of?

I don't get why Thud ends up on an equal level as Quux and Bar. It
seems like as a section under h2 it should be a subsection of that
Quux h2, just as the implied Bar section is a subsection of the
implied Foo section.

thanks,
Liz