[whatwg] Interaction of explicit and implicit sections (was: Re: Question on (new) header and hgroup)

On Fri, 08 May 2009 00:58:21 +0200, Simon Pieters <simonp at opera.com> wrote:

> Actually I believe it would be:
>
> +--HTML 5
>     +--A new era of loveliness
>     +--Navigation
>

> This surprised me when I used implicit sections and just wrapped
> <article>s around news items (which were <h3>s). I expected the outline
> to be like it was without the <article>:
>
> +--Site heading
>    +--Page heading
>       +--News item
>
> ...but instead it became (according to your and gsnedders' outliners):
>
> +--Site heading
>    +--Page heading
>    +--News item
>

> Maybe the spec should change here to match people's expectations better?

OTOH, if we do this, then the default style sheet (the x x x h1 stuff) will be wrong. I guess the proper solution to that is to introduce :heading-level(n) that uses the outline algorithm. (But how to select and style subtitles in hgroup though?)

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software