[whatwg] URL encoding for XHR and Workers.

On Sat, 07 Mar 2009 00:51:51 +0100, Dmitry Titov <dimich at chromium.org>
wrote:
> - XmlHttpRequest created on the Page would send its URL to server encoded
> using UTF8, irrespective to the encoding of the Page. However, a
> XmlHttpRequest created in the Worker would send the URL encoded using
> Page's encoding. It seems that either XHR on the Page should also use
> Page's
> encoding, or XHR in the Worker should use UTF-8. Bug?

I don't see how Web Workers specification overrides UTF-8 here.
Admittedly, XMLHttpRequest does need to be updated to be able to get base
URLs not derived from Window/Document.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/