[whatwg] Offline Conformance Checkers

From: Smylers <Smylers@stripey.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 10:08:15 +0100
I wrote:

>   Conformance checkers must use the information given on the WHATWG Wiki
>   MetaExtensions page to establish if a value not explicitly defined in
>   this specification is allowed or not.
>
>     -- http://www.whatwg.org/html5#other-metadata-names
>
> I think we should allow conformance checkers which can be run on local
> files without an internet connection, but the above appears to deem them
> non-conforming.

That applies to this bit too:

  Conformance checkers must use the information given on the WHATWG Wiki
  PragmaExtensions page to establish if a value not explicitly defined
  in this specification is allowed or not.

    -- http://www.whatwg.org/html5#other-pragma-directives

Also, the above sentence isn't marked up as an implementation
requirement.

Smylers