[whatwg] Issues with Web Sockets API

From: Drew Wilson <atwilson@google.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 15:16:03 -0700
On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 2:11 PM, James Robinson <jamesr at google.com> wrote:

> Forcing applications to build their own send/ack functionality would be
> pretty tragic considering that WebSockets are built on top of TCP.
>
> - James

Every time I've written a response/reply protocol on TCP I've needed to put
in my own acks - how else do you know your message has been delivered to the
remote app layer?

One could argue that WebSockets should do this for you, but I like leaving
this up to the app as it gives them more flexibility.

-atw