[whatwg] New work on fonts at W3C

From: Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 16:50:29 -0400
On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Brad Kemper<brad.kemper at gmail.com> wrote:
> So your argument, in effect, is that site owners should not be allowed to
> restrict their content, because it might actually work? Or because older
> browsers and browsers that have yet to implement the standard could be used
> for the same sort of IP pirating as today?

No, I'm saying that browser vendors will refuse to implement it
because it will break existing sites en masse and thereby anger their
users.  Ideally I think it should have been possible to restrict
cross-domain image loads from the start, but I don't see any way to do
that *now* without breaking too many existing sites for browsers to be
willing to go along with it.