[whatwg] Week Strings

From: 'Smylers' <Smylers@stripey.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 12:32:54 +0100
K?i?tof ?elechovski writes:

> An algorithm for calculating the weekday of Jan.?1st given a year
> would be outside the scope of the HTML specification.

That's begging the question.

> Similarly, the HTML specification does not describe how you increment
> a number by 1.

No, but it does explain how to interpret a sequence of digits as an
integer (multiplying the value by 10 for each digit encountered).  And
defines that week is a period of 7 days.  And defines how many days
there are in each month of a year.  And even states the blindingly
obvious:

  The 'week number of the last day' of a week-year with 53 weeks is 53;
  the 'week number of the last day' of a week-year with 52 weeks is 52.

Those things all seem much more obvious to me than working out which day
January 1st of a given year is.  But as I said, I'm not a browser
developer so perhaps it's fine.

Smylers