[whatwg] <code> attributes

From: Erik Vorhes <erik@textivism.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 08:37:52 -0500
On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 2:21 PM, Tab Atkins Jr.<jackalmage at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On the other hand,
>> a simple
>>
>> <code lang="xml/html">
>>
>> could be used to introduce the <pre> and all the &lt; s
>
> This is the one part of the suggestion that I could possibly see being
> introduced in the language, but the benefit is *still* very small.

It's also worth pointing out that currently the lang attribute is
supposed to designate language codes defined in RFC 3066, which (as
far as I can tell) don't include programming languages. A microformat
approach (using class attributes) to programming languages for <code>
probably makes more sense than using lang.

Erik