[whatwg] [html5] Pre-Last Call Comments

From: Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 09:48:57 -0700
On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Giovanni Campagna
<scampa.giovanni at gmail.com> wrote:
> A few comments, as requested by Ian Hickson.

[...]

> - In section 3.3.3.7, instead of defining the syntax of style
> attributes, reference <http://www.w3.org/TR/css-style-attr>

The style property has been part of the HTMLElement interrface for
many years. Reading ahead, I see this has been addressed.

It would be useful to have a few others:

  computedStyle
  cascadedStyle
  getStyleValueAs(prop, unit);

The computedStyle is already possible, just clunky. A cascadedStyle
doesn't exist. getStyleValueAs exists as a very clunky API that
doesn't work in browsers.

Garrett