[whatwg] document.contentType

From: Brett Zamir <brettz9@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 09:24:29 +0800
Hello,

Regardless of any decision on whether my recommendation for
document.contentType to be standardized and made settable on a document
created by createDocument() (rather than needing to call the
less-than-intuitive doc.open() fix for HTML), I'd still like to
recommend standardizing on Mozilla's document.contentType (
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/DOM/document.contentType ) for at least
being able to get the property.

It can be very useful for JavaScript code or a generic library to offer
support for XHTML or HTML, such as conditionally calling
getElementsByTagNameNS() (feature detection will not help since a
document may still be in HTML even if the browser supports XHTML).

thanks,
Brett