[whatwg] Security risks of persistent background content (Re: Installed Apps)

From: Michael Davidson <mpd@google.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 10:18:54 -0700
On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 10:58 PM, Maciej Stachowiak<mjs at apple.com> wrote:

> Here's some security risks I've thought about, for persistent workers and
> persistent background pages:
>
> <great list of risks>

Thanks for the list, Maciej. However, Firefox extensions today have
all of the same problems. Do you consider the permission UI in Firefox
insufficient? Given Safari's extension model, I'm going to guess the
answer is yes. The fact that FF has extensions, however, at least
shows that one browser vendor believes that sufficient permission UI
exists.

Michael