[whatwg] Installed Apps

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 13:28:13 -0500
On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 12:54 PM, Drew Wilson<atwilson at google.com> wrote:
> My understanding (when I looked at Prism a while back) was that it was
> essentially no different than a desktop shortcut that ran the page in a
> separate profile. Has this changed?

It runs a webpage in a separate process, in a special environment with
minimal chrome, elevated privileges and a few other changes from a
browser.

Running in a separate process means that it's not affected by browser
closings or crashes.

On the wishlist for features is the ability to have a taskbar icon
with balloon popups.

~TJ