[whatwg] .tags on HTMLCollections

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> From what I heard so far it is there because of document.all. If
> document.all does indeed need to return a separate object as HTML5
> suggests we can probably remove it from HTMLCollection in due course.

I haven't removed HTMLCollection.tags yet, since it appears to be
implemented by most browsers. If we can get Opera and WebKit to remove
support, then I'll remove it from the spec.

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> Oh, the _name_ is shared in Gecko too.  Just not anything else.  ;)

Right now the HTML5 spec calls the document.all HTMLCollection
"HTMLAllCollection", since I have no way to override the name, and I can't
have two names the same. I'm not sure what the prototype of document.all
is if it's not the same as document.images... in fact this whole area is
quite confusing to me. So I haven't done any the confusingness and just
made them distinct.