[whatwg] Make quoted attributes a conformance criterion

From: And Clover <and-py@doxdesk.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 16:45:02 +0200
Keryx Web wrote:

> I think I've stated my case by now. So until I hear from Ian (who writes
> the spec) or Henri, who is authoring the validator, I think we've
> reached the end of this discussion.

I think we reached that point some time ago. :-)

I wouldn't hold your breath for acceptance. HTML5 is, for better or for
worse*, a tag soup language. It codifies many existing practices: good,
bad, and arguable. If you want a language with simple, sane markup rules
that you can plausibly teach, the answer is simple: XHTML[5].

(*: I would argue for worse, but that argument was held and lost a long
time ago.)

--
And Clover
mailto:and at doxdesk.com