[whatwg] Definitions of DOMTokenList algorithms and element.classList

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 18:07:06 +0200
On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 05:16:19 +0200, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Jun 2009, Adam Roben wrote:
>> Should methods of element.classList treat their arguments
>> case-insensitively in quirks mode? I think they should. This should be
>> mentioned in the spec.
>
> I've clarified that DOMTokenList is always case-sensitive. We don't want
> to be adding more quirk-mode behaviours. Using quirks mode is not
> conforming (i.e. it's not a supported behaviour).

Implementation-wise that does not seem nice if you want to use the same optimized object when dealing with style sheets or getElementsByClassName(). Alternatively we could require I suppose that in quirks mode class names are normalized to be lowercase or some such and keep getElementsByClassName() and classList case-sensitive...

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/