[whatwg] Vorbis in <audio>

From: David Gerard <dgerard@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:23:51 +0100
2009/7/17 timeless <timeless at gmail.com>:

> I believe, but can not speak for Nokia, that Nokia would not implement
> it. As to the why, it's something beyond my abilities to understand,
> and it's certainly beyond my paygrade to explain.

But not entirely unlinked to Nokia being a beneficiary of the AAC
patent pool, as I understand it.

(I was surprised this wasn't mentioned by them when they produced that
paper against Ogg Vorbis. Probably a completely unintentional
oversight.)

If it's beyond your paygrade, can you find someone whose paygrade it is?

- d.