[whatwg] Nested list

On 13/07/2009 12:01, "Simon Pieters" <simonp at opera.com> wrote:
> I think this is a bug in execCommand('indent') and should be fixed in
> browsers.

As someone who has gone to a great deal of effort to get HTML lists working
in an editor really well, I'd definitely agree. However, almost no editors
get this right for some reason. It's been quite a while since I tested but I
believe even Frontpage and Dreamweaver got it wrong at the time.

It does introduce complexities when you try to indent list items more than
one level deeper than it's parent, but semantically that really doesn't make
sense anyway. You can make it work by adding a new list item but with
list-style-type: none specified.

Regards,

Adrian Sutton.
Adrian Sutton, CTO
UK: +44 1 628 200 182 x481  US: +1 (650) 292 9659 x717
Ephox <http://www.ephox.com/>
Ephox Blogs <http://planet.ephox.com/>, Personal Blog
<http://www.symphonious.net/>