[whatwg] setting location.hash property and browser reload

From: Peter Michaux <petermichaux@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 17:56:13 -0700
When setting the location.hash property, some older browsers reloaded
the entire page. The newest versions of the major browsers doe not
reload the page when setting location.hash. This seems to be now de
facto standard behavior. Sites like Yahoo Maps! depends on the page
not reloading when setting location.hash for a good user experience.

I'm not aware of any standard guaranteeing there is no page reload
when setting location.hash. Will HTML5 make such a guarantee? I cannot
find anything in the spec.

Thanks,
Peter