[whatwg] (no subject)

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 21:43:31 +0000 (UTC)
On Tue, 9 Jun 2009, Ric Hardacre wrote:

> Essentially the proposal is for a static DOM object which has read only
> settings exposed to javascript (ultimately one day sendable via HTTP to
> the web server to superceed UserAgent sniffing), the browser would be
> left with the task of presenting the various options to the user
> (global, per domain, etc.). Javascript has allowed web sites and
> applications increased levels of functionality but at the same time
> allowed for more possibilities of special effects and multimedia, these
> are two seperate sides of the javascript coin and it would be useful to
> have the former without being required to witness the latter.

I encourage you to approach some browser vendors and see if they are
interested in implementing this idea. That is one of the steps towards
standardisation:

http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/FAQ#Is_there_a_process_for_adding_new_features_to_the_spec.3F

In general I would expect this idea to be specified independently; it
doesn't need to be part of HTML5.