[whatwg] Codecs for <audio> and <video>

From: Jeff McAdams <jeffm@iglou.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 07:35:55 -0400
Only one point to touch on here, and perhaps its a bit off-topic, and if
it is, I apologize.

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> I believe the wide availability of H.264 hardware is in part because
> H.264 was developed through an open standards process that included the
> relevant stakeholders.

Saying that ITU-T includes "relevant stakeholders", implying that it
includes *all* "relevant stakeholders" is a joke.  End-users are
relevant stakeholders in standards development, and ITU-T excludes
participation from end-users.

--
Jeff McAdams
jeffm at iglou.com