[whatwg] DOM Storage feedback

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 10:37:08 +1100
Jonas Sicking:
> I talked with Cameron a while ago about what the default behavior
> should be for null. We couldn't find any functions that required that
> null be treated as "null", but there are several examples of functions
> that require that null be treated as the empty string.

I began testing all attributes and operations with DOMString arguments
from a selection of specs for their behaviour wrt null and undefined:

  http://mcc.id.au/2009/01/string-handling/string-handling

Each pair of characters in the column for a browser is the behaviour for
null and undefined, respectively.  It?s nowhere near complete, though
you can see that there are some operations arguments and attributes that
stringify null to "null" (?S? in the column).

--
Cameron McCormack ? http://mcc.id.au/