[whatwg] Dates and coordinates in HTML5

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 00:40:24 +0100
[Resending this to the list now that the problem that prevented it from
accepting any mail has been fixed.]

Andy Mabbett wrote:
>         Use-cases for machine-readable date mark-up are many: as well as
>         the aforesaid calendar interactions, they can be used for
>         sorting; for searching ("find me all the pages about events in
>         1923" ? recent developments in Yahoo's YQL searching API
>         (which now supports searching for microformats):
>
>           <http://developer.yahoo.net/blog/archives/2009/01/yql_with_microformats.html>
>
>         have opened up a whole new set of possibilities, which is only
>         just beginning to be explored). They can be mapped visually on a
>         "SIMILE"
>
>           <http://simile.mit.edu/timeline/>
>
>         or similar time-line.

Neither of those appear to be using BCE dates, non-Gregorian calendars
or imprecise dates.  It's not clear how they are use cases for the
features that you are asking for.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/