[whatwg] [wf2] :read-write pseudoclass description issue

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 10:35:21 +0000 (UTC)
On Wed, 11 Feb 2009, Rikkert Koppes wrote:

> I see your point, to go for another route, maybe you'd just edit the source of
> the problem (the note), remove it and include a text similar to the remark
> about the disabled attribute. I.e:
> -------
> When an input element is disabled, it is immutable.
> When an input element is readonly, it is immutable.
> -------
> However, there is no readonly concept defined (maybe this will clarify more,
> but actually I think it's likely to complicate things even more). Hence,
> another suggestion could be:
> -------
> An input element to which the readonly attribute applies and has that
> attribute specified, is immutable.

The problem with those is that the requirement in question is already in
the readonly section, along with some more requirements, and I don't want
to split the requirements up to be all over the place...

Instead I've annotated the note a little to make it slightly clearer why
it's only "sometimes". Does that help?