[whatwg] Passing more than JSON data to workers

I'm not certain what a "deep copy" of the function means - would you need to
copy the entire lexical scope of the function? For example, let's say you do
this:

var foo = 1;

function setFoo(val) { foo = val; }
function getFoo() { return foo; }

worker.postMessage(setFoo);
worker.postMessage(getFoo);

foo = 2;

Then, from worker code, I call the copy of getFoo() - what should it return
(undefined? Does it pull over a copy of foo from the original lexical scope,
in which case it's 1)? What if foo is defined in a lexical closure that is
shared by both setFoo() and getFoo() - it seems like the separate copies of
setFoo() and getFoo() passed to the worker would need to reconstruct a
shared closure on the worker side, which seems difficult if not impossible.

I think that some variant of data URLs and/or eval() gets you most of what
you really need here without requiring extensive JS VM gymnastics.

-atw