[whatwg] Web API for speech recognition and synthesis

Great!  As I've said, I'm definitely bias towards this approach.  As Bjorn
hinted AJAX APIs could be developed with all sorts of interesting features
that will never make it down into the browser, e.g. pronunciation
assessment, speech therapy, all those lie-detector apps for your phone :-).
Still, I think that we're missing the biggest pro:

- Pro:  Speech recognition technology is data-driven.  Improvements in the
underlying technology are far more likely to occur with a network driven
approach.

To be fair, with that, you have to add a con:

- Con:  Less privacy.

-Ian