[whatwg] Web API for speech recognition and synthesis

I think that it would be best to extend the browser with a JavaScript
speech API intended for use by web apps. That is, only web apps that
use the speech API would have speech support. But it should be
possible to use such an API to write browser extensions (using
Greasemonkey, Chrome extensions etc) that allow speech control of the
browser and speech synthesis of web page contents. Doing it the other
way around seems like it would reduce the flexibility for web app
developers.

/Bjorn