[whatwg] HTML extension for system idle detection.

On Aug 29, 2009, at 00:47, David Bennett wrote:

> There currently is no way to detect the system idle state in the
> browser.  This makes it difficult to deal with any sort of chat room
> or instant messaging client inside the browser since the idle will
> always be incorrect.

How could such a notification be abused? The first abuse use case I
can think of is throttling Web Workers-based botnet computation to be
less detectable by the user (i.e. taking over the user's compute
resources while the user isn't experiencing the slowdown).

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/