[whatwg] Proposal for local-storage file management

+1 ifette
A specification for traditional file-system-like api doesn't mean the
files/directories manged via that api are reflected verbatim in the OS file
system.

The distinction between a private per-origin virtual file system, and the
actual file system is a big one. I don't see any new security issues with a
'private' file system unrelated to the actual OS file system. Same issues as
apply to the existing LocalStorage apis.

There are use cases where access the actual OS file system would be useful.
Using the same file-system-like api defined for the 'private' file system is
probably a good idea when it comes to opening/closing/reading/writing files.
This would involve additional security risks, and a means of having the user
grant access to particular files and folders.