[whatwg] Web Storage: apparent contradiction in spec

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 8:23 PM, Linus Upson<linus at google.com> wrote:
> The
> candidate delete list will be thousands long and hidden in that haystack
> will be a few precious needles.

While that is certainly one of the outcomes, and I agree a bad one, I
am not sure that the user experience needs to be that bleak.  Further,
I expect that most UAs will need some dialog like this to let users
manage the data in some cases anyway -- if users can grant
permissions, they'll need to be able to revoke them, etc.

I think that there is a lot of data that UAs can use to present likely
targets for the user, as "infrequently used desktop icons" or similar
endeavour to do.  Bookmarked sites would be advantaged, as would sites
that have had their stored data read recently (or have an active
cookie, history frequency data, etc.).

I think highly of myself and my team, to be sure, but I don't think
that we are really going to always know better than the user -- even a
technically naive user -- what they consider to be important data.

Mike