[whatwg] Web Storage: apparent contradiction in spec

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 5:42 PM, Michael Nordman <michaeln at google.com>wrote:

> In addition to the key/value pair storage apis, i think we'd need to make
> this distinction for databases and appcaches too. This distinction may be
> better handled in a way not tied to a particular flavor on storage. Or a
> similar distinction could be expressible within the database and appcache
> interfaces.
> window.openPermanentDatabase() / openPurgeableDatabase()
> manifest file syntax games:  PURGEABLE or PERMANENT keyword in there
> somewhere.

I think having authors choose between permanent and purgeable storage types
adds complexity to the implementation and usage that is not desirable from
either an authoring or a UX perspective.

I continue to support Brady et al.'s vision of Local Storage.

PK