[whatwg] small element should allow nested elements

On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 14:19:23 +0100, Remy Sharp <remy at leftlogic.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know Bruce Lawson has mentioned that this has been brought up before,
> but I couldn't find it in the archives (searching "small"), so I'd like
> to bring it up again.

I suggested it in the w3c list, not this one. Link:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Jan/0130.html

> When I wrap *everything* in the small element (as seen here:
> http://jsbin.com/okevo  ) all the browsers I've tested it in renders the
> text as I would expect, but it doesn't validate against the HTML 5
> parsing rules (as you'd expect).
>
> Here's the list of the compatible browsers (I could have done more
> browsers, but I think this test with 10 proves the support is solid):
>
> http://leftlogic.litmusapp.com/pub/a5fa8ed

Previously we got on a bit of a navelgaze about what constitutes legalese/
disclaimers and whether any sites actually use it. But given that browsers
currently allow <small> to go round block level elements,  I agree with
Remy that we should document the current state of browsers and allow the

bruce