[whatwg] scope of link type "license"

From: Nils Dagsson Moskopp <nils-dagsson-moskopp@dieweltistgarnichtso.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 19:28:34 +0000
As there hasn't been any answer (not even a negative) to my question /
proposal, I've decided to list a couple of use cases that would benefit
from the scope change of @rel="license" I'm envisioning:

      * First of all, Flickr pages, where one or more images are under
        distinct (CC-)licenses , but the whole page is not.
      * Blogs, were CC-licensed images are used and properly attributed,
        see <http://www.spreeblick.com/> for an interesting
        implementation.

The issue of not being able to associate a license with parts of a page
is also listed on the microformats wiki
<http://microformats.org/wiki/rel-license-issues>. Furthermore, the need
for a general purpose license markup in HTML is exemplified in this
post:
<http://einmachglas.wordpress.com/2009/03/10/creative-commons-html-code/>

As I"m planning to do a Wordpress plugin including the proposed markup,
Im wondering: Should I just use @rel the way I find useful to spread
this organically ?
--
Nils Dagsson Moskopp